

As you’ve probably heard, an 8-year-old migrant boy died while in US custody on Tuesday. He and his father had been in US custody since Dec. 18th.
The boy started to exhibit signs of illness on Monday morning. He was coughing and had what they described as “glossy eyes.” He was taken to the hospital, and they initially diagnosed him with a cold. Before he left, they discovered a fever and gave him amoxicillin and Ibuprofen.
He started getting sick a few hours later and was eventually taken back to the hospital and sadly passed away around midnight.
Here’s where things get weird, though. Apparently, authorities noticed the boy was getting worse, but his father insisted that the boy was fine and didn’t need to go back to the hospital.
A DHS spokesperson told reporters that agents were aware of the boy’s illness and administered his medication. The boy later complained about not feeling well and vomited, but the man claiming to be his father told agents that the boy did not need to return to the hospital and that “he had been feeling better.”
I hate that I need to point this out, but this directly debunks the left’s claims that agents neglected the child.
Eventually, agents overrode the father and took the boy to the hospital.
After checking again, agents noticed that the boy looked more sick and transferred him back to the hospital. Officials say that the boy lost consciousness while he was being taken to the hospital, and was pronounced dead early Tuesday morning.
It’s clear that this boy wasn’t neglected by authorities. They did everything they could to save him. He was taken to the hospital twice. For some reason, the father didn’t think it was necessary.
There’s always more to the story. Always.
Because this has been the second health-related incident, CBP is ordering “pediatric evaluations” of all migrant children in CBP custody.
h/t ABC St. Louis